On 30 September 2018, the Minister of Transport reauthorised a strategic alliance between Air New Zealand and Singapore Airlines for a further period ending 28 March 2024.
The Strategic Alliance Agreement provides for varying levels of cooperation between the applicants on:
'Alliance Sectors' directly between Singapore and New Zealand (Auckland – Singapore, Singapore – Wellington and Christchurch – Singapore).
'Alliance Routes', which comprise a journey between ‘Covered Jurisdictions’ that includes an Alliance Sector (more detail is included in the airlines’ application for reauthorisation, and in their original application which can be found here(external link)).
Submissions closed on 16 March 2018.
The following submissions were received in response to the application:
- Auckland International Airport [PDF, 67 KB]
- Christchurch International Airport [PDF, 255 KB]
- Tourism Industry Aotearoa [PDF, 132 KB]
- Tourism New Zealand [PDF, 469 KB]
Further information released 18 May 2018
- Air New Zealand - Singapore Airlines Strategic Alliance Analysis 2014 [PDF, 289 KB] (Seabury Report)
- Application to the Minister of Transport 2014 [PDF, 536 KB] (updated public version)
- Analysis of Air New Zealand Revenue-Sharing Joint Venture Agreements 2016 [PDF, 1.8 MB] (BLS Report)
Ministry of transport advice to the Minister
- Initial briefing - August 2018 [PDF, 578 KB]
- Full report - September 2018 [PDF, 984 KB]
- Final advice - September 2018 [PDF, 434 KB]