Connecting data people with data people
The Transport Data Knowledge Hub (TDKH) is a community of people who work with transport data and information. We provide a forum for sharing knowledge and experience and work together to improve our access to transport data.
The TDKH is part of the wider Transport Knowledge Hub, which has additional topic areas including aviation(external link), economics(external link), environment(external link), forecasting(external link), household travel(external link), safety(external link) and technology(external link).
The TDKH is administered by the Ministry of Transport.
- Contribute to implementation of the Transport Domain Plan and Research Strategy and transport sector outcomes.
- Grow the capability of subject matter experts to put people and systems in place to share and make best use of transport data.
- Build relationships between subject matter experts to enable the sharing of knowledge and expertise.
- Foster opportunities for collaboration amongst members.
- Promote the sharing and effective use of transport data.
- Share news and success stories on relevant initiatives, topics, research and events via meetings, newsletters, emails and other electronic distribution channels.
- Drive and advocate for initiatives that improve the quality, use and accessibility of transport data.
- Work together to develop a common vocabulary for transport information and data.
- Be a single point of contact for transport data and information including research projects that have a significant data or information component.
- Support the annual Transport Knowledge Conference and other relevant conferences.
The hub leads are:
Bonita Gestro, Ministry of Transport
Tim Cross, WSP
The hub is open to anyone interested in transport data--related data and information.
To join, please email KnowledgeHub@transport.govt.nz