The Transport and Environment Knowledge Hub is a community of researchers that provides a forum for information sharing and collaboration on transport and environment related research and data analysis. We run and support a range of seminars as well as other discussion forums with the aim of sharing knowledge and experience to help drive the quality of research and data analysis related to transport and the environment.
- To act as a channel to help implement the Transport Research Strategy and the Transport Domain Plan.
- To raise awareness of relevant search, data analysis techniques and data availability across the transport sector - including international research and connections.
- To identify information/research gaps.
- To ensure research is relevant and to facilitate the take-up of research for policy development.
- To identify opportunities for collaboration amongst members.
- To reduce duplication and provide the opportunity to learn from, and build on others' work.
- To drive quality by providing a forum for peer review and critique.
The Emissions Group is a specialist forum that is part of the Transport and Environment Knowledge Hub. The Group has a technical focus and brings together researchers interested in transport emissions (harmful air pollutants and greenhouse gases) to enable information sharing and collaboration in areas of mutual interest. We run and support a range of seminars as well as other discussion sessions with the aim of sharing knowledge and experience to help drive the quality of research and data analysis relating to transport emissions.
- Seminars on current and planned research and data analysis relating to transport and the environment.
- Regular updates on relevant research and events.
- Support the annual Transport Knowledge conference.
The hub leads are
Rob Hannaby, Waka Kotahi NZTA
Kain Glensor, Ministry of Transport
The hub is open to anyone interested in sharing environment-related data, information and research.
To join, please email KnowledgeHub@transport.govt.nz